Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oh Good Grief, I Did It


I bought a skirt.

Wide hips, big bum, short legs, cankles and all.

That's it in the above picture. Fully lined and bought on sale for $40 ($50 off!). Note absence of any of the aforementioned body flaws. As much as I'd love for that to be me, alas. It's the model from the website.

This all stemmed from a sudden and violent urge last night to devour this entire site. Ah, Trinny and Susannah. I love your frankness but if I saw you in the street I'd run the other way. You'd have an absolute field day with me!

Apparently, my stumpy little legs need not hide in jeans, but the skirt length must be exactly right. Being so short, alot of the 'below knee' styles actually end smack the middle of the wasteland that is my calf region, making me appear as if I've had an extra foot chopped off my height. And trust me, I don't have that many feet to spare. Mid-calf styles are usually just a smidge too short on me to be mistaken for the popular floor-skimming 'flower child' length too. Couple all that with an ever-widening rear (hey, just keepin' it real folks!) and I have not owned a skirt in six years.

Trinny and Susannah say I can get around the whole short legs/thick ankles debacle by investing in a really great pair of knee-length boots to wear with the skirt I purchased today. And since that solution involves shoe shopping, I will comply, LOL. I tried on a few pair today but they were all either out of my price range or covered in buckles, studs and ruching. I mean seriously - I am not a cowgirl, a punk rocker or a gladiator. Is it really too much to ask for an affordable knee-length plain boot with a chunky heel and room to slide over my enormous ankles?

I'm also after some other wardrobe basics, namely classic white shirts. I hit the city stores tomorrow (after donating platelets at the blood bank) so I'm making a list.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm pretty much building my wardrobe from scratch here.

I need all the help I can get.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails