Friday, July 18, 2008

The Post In Which I Apologize For Being Such A Bad Blogger

I promise you I have not given up blogging. Although, if my stats are anything to go by, many of you seem to think I already have! That’ll teach me to neglect my friends in Bloggityville, LOL.

Playing catch-up, bullety-wise:

Talented Hubby is still waiting to hear about his (possible) promotion. This seems like an abnormally long time to me (it has been 16 days so far), but TH assures me his workplace does things in precisely this manner most of the time. Fine. I just don’t have to like it.

I’m tracking our expenditure quite extensively this month. I’ve got a bit of a backlog of receipts to enter but come the end of the month I’ll have a pretty accurate guide of where our money is going. And then I’ll feel bad. And then August will be all about Cutting Back. Fun times for all.

I’ve had a few ’side projects’ on the backburner these last couple of weeks. Apart from the expenses tracking (which, naturally enough, involved the use of one of my Super Dooper Spreadsheets), I’ve been working on my Home Management Binder. It’s getting a complete overhaul. There are tons of sections I have in my current one that I no longer use or have found other homes for (keep watching for BooMama’s Before and After Challenge - not sure when yet, because it was rescheduled from the original July 25 to a time later in the year - but it will all make sense then) and I was sick of flipping through pages I no longer use, so I’m cleaning up and cleaning out. And, you know, any excuse to pretty it up again, LOL. I was originally going to convert it all to A5 size (half size), mistakingly thinking a smaller version would make it more streamlined and practical (don’t do that folks. Stick to A4. You’re welcome). Thankfully I came to my senses and now I’m having fun playing around with my scrapbook pages to design a new cover and section tabs (is it wrong that I buy scrapbooking paper, even though I don’t really scrapbook? If there’s a pretty pack of paper and it is on special, I will buy it. I then have the worst time choosing the ‘right’ one for projects such as these).

I’m also setting up a Grocery Price Book. It has been in production for weeks and weeks, because I’ve not put in the half-hour of effort it would take to finish it off. You will see what I mean when I post about it, if I ever get it done. Despite the delay, I do think I’ve hit on a really good way of doing it - maybe a little too OCD for some, but kind of fun to work on for a clearly-irrational gal like me.

The school holidays are dragging to a close. Because all of the Piglets are school age, and we don’t homeschool, it’s a bit of a shock when each holiday period rolls around and they are home all day. They get bored very fast. With everything. And taking them out can be quite expensive. And tiring. Just ask Master J who fell asleep on the bus coming home from a day out with two other families. And Miss Moo who was cranky and oppositional and finally crashed on the couch. Between the three Mums yesterday, we had eight children ranging in ages from 9 ½ down to 2 months. Three of them were 6 year old girls. I need to put that in bold because it is worth remembering. And we took them all to a toy store. My ears are still ringing. I didn’t do too much damage, only walking out with a $7 board game (which will go directly into the Gift Drawer), a ‘Phlat Ball’ (frisbee-which-converts-to-a-ball-in-mid-flight something-or-other - bought with Boofah’s leftover birthday money, so it doesn’t count) and a Barbie Sleeping Beauty Little Golden Book (a total con orchestrated by Miss Moo because — “the brothers got something and I didn’t!” I know. Read the comment above regarding 6yo girls. My defences were weak).

Speaking of which, remember how I mentioned my friend Della in a previous post? Della was one of the other Mums there yesterday and she complimented me on my writing style here, which was sweet to hear :)

I’ve got another blood donation in the city scheduled for Tuesday. It will be my second. And unless they completely forget to switch the machine off at the appropriate time and drain all my lovely blood out, my second of many. Apparently if I donate three times in 2008 and I get a groovy 2009 diary. Cool.

In case anyone related to me is reading, my birthday is just 77 days away. Money to spend on Amazon would be nice. Specifically for this. I’m just sayin’…

I’m off to choose some pretty scrapbook paper for my Home Management Binder…

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails